Thursday, July 1, 2010

BSNL HAS GOT HUMOUR???

Every day, I gets at least 5-6 automated calls from BSNL with scarily seductive sounding girls urging me to become their ‘friend’ via the chat service or some such crap. And while  I am normally generous with  time for emotionally effed up people (being an aspiring therapist and all that. And coz I have nothing better to do), THIS I choose to pass.
(Food for thought: Why aren’t there any men offering ‘friendship’ on BSNL’s calls-from-hell?? Don’t girls and gay men need titillation, I ask! Tell me, BSNL. Why no Ramesh to keep me company on lonely nights while the men get to talk to Poojas galore? WHY?!)
Anyway. While I’m now aware of most of the numbers and have them saved as ‘WTF’ so I can avoid them, sometimes BSNL gets all sneaky and manages to pull a fast one on me by finding a new number to call from. So yesterday, when I was sleeping off the trauma of a twisted ankle , a familiar ringtone interrupted a dream that I don’t remember much of now. (But it featured Ranbir Kapoor in a towel, so I’m guessing it must’ve been a good one.) I answered the phone in my best sleepy seductive voice in the hope that it would be my-knight-in-shining-armour-who-accidentally-called-me-one-day-and-fell-in-love-with-my-voice-and-we-lived-happily-ever-after***. But no such luck. It was BSNL at its annoying best. And GUESS what I get to hear?
“Uff! Tum kyun mujhe roz roz yun phone karke pareshaan karte rehte ho?!”
SERIOUSLY NOW???
Some cheek these guys have! They gave a completely new meaning to the 'ulta chor kotwaal ko daante' thingie. Now tell me who to kill...!!!



***Clarification: No, I don’t have any such fantasies of getting calls from strangers and have them fall in love with my voice. Like seriously, that would be terribly creepy. What kind of a desperate, lonely girl do you guys think I am! Dude, I’d much rather be stalked..!!

2 comments:

  1. ha ha...
    Well a short one on your blog makes me kinda happy!!! *Yippeee i can read it in one GO* :P

    once again a nice ROFL post by you.. :)

    Keep Lauffin.. n Keep Blogging.. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. hehe..tanx arpit..it was on ur demand that mujhe apni post choti karni padi..nahi toh i wud have written another 5 pages essay ..bachgaye aap..=p

    =)))
    tannxxxx a lottttt =)))
    keep smiling and keep the spark alive =))

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails